Cart is empty
We process privacy-sensitive data or personal data through our website. That is why House of Nature believes it is important that we carefully handle your personal information, which is why we carefully process and secure your information. We respect your privacy and only process your personal data for the purpose for which you provided them. We also process your information in accordance with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act and the Telecommunications Act.
When we process your information, we comply with requirements as determined by privacy legislation. This means that amongst other things that:
- we limit collecting personal data to only collect the personal data needed for legitimate purpose
- we initially ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties that process personal data on our behalf
- we respect your right to offer you insight into your personal data at your request and offer the ability to correct or to delete this information
House of Nature is responsible for processing personal data as highlighted in this privacy statement.
Company name: House of Nature
Address: Postbus 10, 1800 AA, Alkmaar
Registration number Chamber of Commerce: 67014321
VAT number: NL002312540B18
Personal data that we process
House of Nature processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide us with this information. You will find an overview of the personal data that we process below:
- First- and last name
- Address data
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example, by creating a profile on this website, through correspondence and by telephone
- Information about your activities on our website
- Data about your internet use across different websites
- Internet browser and device type
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website / service does not have the intention of processing data of website visitors younger than the age of 16 unless they have permission from their parent(s) or guardian(s). However, there is no way for us to check whether a visitor is in fact older than 16 years old. We therefore recommend parents be involved in their children’s’ online activities to prevent any data from being collected about children without parental consent. If you believe we have collected personal information about a minor without parental consent, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete this information
The purpose and basis on which we process personal data
House of Nature process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure
- To call or e-mail you if this is necessary to carry out our services
- To inform you about changes to our services and products
- To offer you the option to create an account
- To deliver goods and services to you
- House of Nature analyzes your behavior on our website to improve the website and to tailor the range of products and services to your personal preferences
- House of Nature follows your online behavior across various websites to tailor our products and services to your personal needs
- House of Nature also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as providing data we need for our tax return
House of Nature does not take decisions based on profiling on matters that may have (significant) consequences to people.
How long we save personal data
House of Nature does not store your personal information longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data are collected.
Sharing personal data with third parties
House of Nature only provides information to third parties and only if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. If House of Nature collaborates with companies which need to process your data commissioned by House of Nature, House of Nature enters into a data processing agreement with those firms to guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. House of Nature is the main responsible organization which processes your data. In addition, House of Nature provides your personal data to other third parties. We only do so with your express permission.
Cookies, or similar technologies that we use
House of Nature uses functional, analytical and tracking cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit our website for the first time.
Third parties also place cookies on this website. These are advertisers and social media firms. You can find an overview of all cookies here.
We use Google Analytics to monitor how users use our website. We have entered into a processing agreement with Google to arrange for the handling of our data. Furthermore, we allow Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services, and we anonymize the IP addresses.
Reviewing, correcting or deleting data
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by House of Nature and you have the right to data transferability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal details we have of you in a computer file to you or to another organization. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data, request for withdrawal of your consent, or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To be sure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to send us a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and other personal data. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. House of Nature also wants to point out that you can file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can do this via the following link (in Dutch): https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons or (in English) https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/redress/what-should-i-do-if-i-think-my-personal-data-protection-rights-havent-been-respected_en.
How we protect your personal data
House of Nature takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. House of Nature has taken the following measures to secure your personal data:
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- TLS (previously SSL) – We send your data through a secured connection. You can verify this by checking that the ‘https’ prefix and padlock are present in the address bar of your browser.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that might contain viruses, spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
- DNSSEC is an additional security (in addition to DNS) for converting a domain name to the linked IP address; it is provided with a digital signature. You can have this signature checked automatically. This way we prevent you from being redirected to a false IP address.
latest change: 29 december 2018